How do we create sustainable, ethical skincare?
The concept of ethical skincare takes into account the land, producers, farmers, and purity of products. Ethical skincare means that plants are organically cultivated or harvested using ethical wildcrafting practices. We stand firmly against the unnecessary use of endangered or at-risk plants who’s populations have been decimated by over-harvesting or ingredients who’s production negatively impacts ecosystems and communities. Ingredients are pure to promote wellness without harm. Environmentally responsible practices are engaged through organic farming, rejecting GMO ingredients, using glass and recycled packaging materials. We seek to have as little negative impact on our natural world as possible. Products are formulated to invoke a sense of communing with nature. When we use ingredients from the earth, we are anointing ourselves with the healing capacity of plants.
- Products are free of GMOs, gluten, parabens and other unsafe chemical ingredients.
- Our products are not tested on animals. Most are vegan with the exception of our Cardamom Marshmallow Lip Balm, Sage Hydrating Whip and Ethereal Body Butter, that are formulated with beeswax.
- Our products use certified organic ingredients or consciously wildcrafted botanicals.
- We use only natural preservatives to keep your products lasting.
- We produce small batch skincare to ensure that products are as fresh and vital as possible when they are purchased.
- We create our own herbal extracts to minimize the the transportation footprint of ingredients. We are ale to control the potency of our botanical extracts by harvesting herbs when they are most vital, and macerating herbal extracts over full moon cycles.
- Products are formulated synergistically. We’ve studied the actions and safe use of what goes into our products, unlike some natural skincare producers who’s products are formulated by crafters rather than herbalists.
- We support local suppliers and access as many herbs as possible from local farmers.
- We support a new vision for modern beauty that is based on self-care rather than encouraging women and girls to strive for an unattainable standard of beauty.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for orders to be shipped. We produce small-batch goods so that the products you receive are as fresh and potent as possible.
You can find Communion Botanicals products at:
Emery Herbals in Winlaw, BC
Kootenay Co-op in Nelson, BC
Scout Clothing in Nelson, BC
Kolya Naturals in Edmonton, AB
Luminesce Organic Spa in Edmonton, AB
Still North Retreat Co. in Saskatoon, SK